LibreAutomate is a C# script editor and library for automation of tasks of any kind and complexity on Windows.
- Automate desktop and web UI using keys, mouse and API. Find and click buttons, links, images.
- Launch programs. Manage files and windows. Transfer and process text and other data.
- Hotkeys, autotext and other triggers. Auto-replace/expand text when typing. Auto-close windows. Remap keys.
- Custom toolbars that can be attached to windows or screen edges. And menus.
- Custom dialog windows of any complexity.
- The scripting language is C#. The program is a good way to learn it.
- C# code editor with intellisense. Script manager, cookbook.
- Tools for recording keyboard/mouse and selecting UI objects such as buttons, links and images.
- Also you can use .NET and zillions of other libraries. NuGet, Windows API, etc.
- Can create independent .exe programs and .dll libraries.
- Free and open-source. The automation library can be used in other programs too.
With all the libraries and tools, code-based automation can be easier and faster than no-code RPA.
This is an example of code generated by a tool. It finds and clicks a link.
var w = wnd.find(1, "LA/QM forum - Google Chrome", "Chrome_WidgetWin_1"); var e = w.Elm["web:LINK", "Shared C# code"].Find(1); e.Invoke();
Another example of code created using tools. A hotkey trigger.
hk["F7"] = o => script.run(@"\My\Youtube play random.cs");
Where can run
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11. Editor is 64-bit only.
Download v0.17.2, 2023-08-14, 25 MB
If Chrome cannot start the downloaded setup program: right-click it and select "Show in folder".
The setup program may be blocked by security software. Why: it is new, not commonly downloaded, and not signed.
Gintaras Didžgalvis, an independent software developer from Lithuania.
This software replaces Quick Macros. The same developer.
The goal is to provide automation software for Windows with these features:
- Powerful library that includes UI automation, triggers, toolbars, etc.
- Script editor/manager program with tools for automation.
- In scripts use the C# language and .NET libraries.
- Free and open-source.