Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Files in the Project Folder Or Files List
I want to quickly disable a script/class in the project folder without deleting it, making it as if it doesn't exist. This is similar to the effect produced by pressing Ctrl+D in QM. I think this is a great feature. When I press Ctrl+D, a red prohibition symbol appears on the project's icon. When I press Ctrl+D again, the prohibition symbol disappears, and the file is re-enabled.

This feature is really useful and applies to other item types in LA as well.
Where it can be useful? Do you want to place triggers (hotkey etc) in separate scripts, and then quickly disable/enable the trigger?
Yes, In QM, disabling macros and triggers with Ctrl+D is indeed very convenient.
there is another scenario. For instance, in a project, I've defined a library file. I want to create its second version, so I intend to disable the first version. I don't want to delete it. If I don't disable it, some variables or functions in the two library files might conflict. Or is there a better way to handle this?
I usually move the old file or its clone from the project folder to somewhere else.

@Project
- MainFile
- ClassFile
Garbage
- ClassFile
- ClassFile2
Sometimes I need to switch back and forth between two versions of class files.
Still, under QM, pressing Ctrl+D is convenient.

Is it complex to implement? Is it feasible? Looking forward to it.

Another minor question, just out of curiosity:
In LA, renaming an item's filename requires pressing F2. Would it be difficult to implement a double-click feature like in QM for this purpose?
Unlikely this feature will be added soon.
Quote:Sometimes I need to switch back and forth between two versions of class files.

Sometimes for it I use #if.

Project main file:
/*/ define TEST_NEW_CODE; /*/
//To switch back and forth quickly, change TEST_NEW_CODE eg to _TEST_NEW_CODE and back; /*/

OldClassFile:
#if !TEST_NEW_CODE
code
#endif

NewClassFile:
#if TEST_NEW_CODE
code
#endif

Or both code versions can be in the same file:
#if TEST_NEW_CODE
new code
#else
old code
#endif
Thanks for the solution you provided.

I have an idea:
When I press Ctrl+D, the bottom right corner of the icon of the currently selected item in the LA project list will display a disabled symbol.
Additionally, a new entry will be added to the first line comment of the file, for example:
/*/ disabled; /*/